Role Models for the World
Enterprise aims to equip learners with knowledge, skills and understanding so that they can recognise and successfully respond to enterprise opportunities. This includes cultivating an entrepreneurial approach to the presentation of ideas, problem-solving, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
This will facilitate cross-disciplinary learning in academic, economic, ethical and social enterprise situations, while preparing learners for their next phase of education and future careers.
Enterprise enables us to:
- Use initiative to identify, define and develop solutions to real-world or personal challenges through the application of entrepreneurial thinking, taking into account any constraints or risks.
- Communicate ideas confidently & effectively, presenting information clearly and persuasively through the use of visual resources and spoken argument to a range of audience.
- Develop leadership capability to guide a team towards a shared enterprise goal while taking responsibility for successes and failures of decisions and actions.
- Work effectively as part of a team, collaborating and communicating with others, including successful negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Develop financial literacy to plan financially, quantify profit and loss, and consider the value of time and money while making resource decisions.
- Interact with the wider community, respond to feedback and conduct market research to inform future planning