A major contributor to the success of St Christopher’s School is the army of volunteers that passes through its doors. Each and every one brings their own skills, knowledge and culture into our classrooms. No matter how great or small the contribution, we welcome all offers of help and provide many opportunities for parents to come into school to support the work of our staff.
Working in a school is a very rewarding experience – it’s the reason our teachers look forward to coming to work each morning! As a volunteer helper in school, you also get to experience those same feelings and contribute to providing the very best experience for our children Parent Volunteers help us in a variety of different ways, here are just a few…
- Reading activities: A highly committed group of parents come into the school each morning to work with reading groups.
- Activity Streets: Our Activity Streets are the hub of learning in School. They provide the children with a sense of community and the fantastic displays fire imagination ring the topics the children study alive. Our parents really have taken ownership of the Activity Streets and whether it be changing Pudding Lane into an Island Paradise in Year 2 or traditional Bahrain into a tropical rainforest in Year 4, parent volunteers have responded to the challenge
- Productions: St Christopher’s is proud of the productions that our year groups stage. As show time draws closer, parents will be in school helping paint scenery and props and getting costumes ready for the star performers
- Theme Days: There are many theme days throughout the year; from Victorian Day in Year 1 to a Roman feast in Year 3. Parents help by preparing plates of themed food and all get into the spirit of the day by wearing traditional costume
- Class outings: Supporting class outings is a vital role of our parent volunteers as the success of many outings relies on the support of parents. Children get so much more out of a visit if they are part of a small group with access to a knowledgeable adult who is able to answer questions and provide relevant information.