HISTORY

 School History

2008 IB programme for Year 12 introduced alongside the ‘A’ Level programme.
2007 Infant School moves in to the extended Saar site. Awali and Budaiya sites closed.
2005 New purpose-built Junior School open in Saar. The Senior School expands into the old Junior building, thereby also creating a dedicated 6th Form facility.
1998 First ‘A’ Level Exams
1996 Start of Sixth Form. Provision for 1700 students (age 3-18)
1994 Decision to extend to ‘A’ Level
1992 Re-organisation of primary schools into Nursery & Infant School at Budaiya, and Junior School at Isa Town
1990 First GCSE exams. Manama School closed during Gulf War rationalisation
1988 45 nationalities. Provision for 1600 students. Middle school renamed Senior School, extending age range to 16+
1985 Middle school opened at Isa Town to extend school age range to 13+
1981 New primary school opened at Isa Town. Now three primary schools: Manama, Budaiya and Isa Town. Provision for 1000 students
1976 New primary school opened at Budaiya. Provision for 800 students
1975 School too big for church administration. Constitution and format of Board of Governors revised; formally licensed under Bahrain Law as a private and nonprofit making school
1973 16 nationalities. Provision for 530 students
1972 Separate upper school opened in Manama, extending to age 11+. Nursery and Infants continued in Church Compound
1963 Provision for 120 students
1961 School started in private villas to provide British education for small groups of expatriate children; established as St Christopher’s Church School with 39 pupils in the hall at the Church Compound

 




Last update: 17 February 2015